Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My FIDA Experience


I discovered the power of makeup when, during my teenage life, I would lock myself in my room dabbling on my Mom's expired makeup. By then, I learned that an eyeliner applied along the upper outer lash line could change one's eye shape. I also learned that certain colors complement my skin, while others were just blah. But I was not able to explain why. Basically, I used the discovery method when learning about makeup when I was young.
My first ever professional training on makeup was at the Fashion Institute of Design and Arts (FIDA), now located at Jacinto extension (behind Mercury Drug), Davao City. It was a 3-day workshop on Basic Makeup Application and Techniques, and it was instructed by Maybelline's Chief Makeup Artist, Mr. Archie Tolentino.
It was through this workshop that I was able to appreciate the beauty of makeup even more. :) It gave me the venue to learn more about consumer makeup products. But more importantly, it served as my foundation for my professional learning about makeup - that each individual has unique skin qualities, so as a makeup artist (MUA), you should know what products will work well on your client's skin or may just highlight his/her flaws.
Sir Archie provided us, the participants, a comprehensive workshop about Makeup Application. The workshop included skin types, types of makeup brush and their uses, and makeup techniques itself. It was through this very first workshop that I my love for "makeup education" started. <3

Ryan

(BTW, in time of writing this post, I am studying Hi-Def Beauty and Fashion Makeup at Hi-Def Makeup Studio and Academy in Ortigas.)


#davaocity #dabawenyo #makeupartist #davaocitymakeupartist #davaomakeupartist #makeupartistdavaocity #makeupartistdavao #makeupbyryanwong #beautierevolution #tagummakeupartist #gensanmakeupartist #bukidnonmakeupartist #cagayandeoromakeupartist #cebumakeupartist

No comments:

Post a Comment